Karl Erik Olofsson
Karl Erik Olofsson is an independent development consultant with a background in the telecommunications industry. His focus is on development of technology and business as a means for human and social development.
Since 1994 Karl Erik operates his own consultancy firm Manconsult Development and offers services to the
Private Sector, Government and Public institutions world-wide.
He takes on assignments as
- Project manager and team leader
- Strategist and organisation development expert
- Process development and quality management systems expert
- Development projects appraisal and evaluation expert
Karl Erik Olofsson has an M.Sc. E.E. from Chalmers, Gothenburg, Sweden with the
following personal qualifications and professional profile:
- A thorough knowledge of telecommunications, IT systems and general business management, acquired from many years as line manager, development manager and project manager.
- Several years experience of institutional development and capacity building through management and staff development as well as process and work method changes.
- Strong project management powers for complex and large projects on institutional change, infrastructure and technical development in major companies and in multicultural corporate environment.
- Lecturer/course developer of international top and mid level managers training programmes.
- 35 years in Telecom and IT
- 15 years as Line Manager and Project Manager for development & engineering
- 11 years as independent Consultant in International Development
- First national ICT Project 1986-88
- International from 1976 in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe:
Saudi Arabia, Liberia, Libya, Guinea-Bissau, Angola, Nigeria, Tanzania, Pakistan, Kashmir, Ecuador, Namibia, Thailand, Uganda, Laos, Yugoslavia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Mozambique, Kuwait, Belarus, Costa Rica, The Gambia.
Language proficiency: Swedish and English (fluent), Portuguese (good), and also
some Spanish, German and French (fair).
For a list of representative Project Assignments in recent years, see Reference Projects.
E-mail: keo [at] manconsult.net
Tel. no. +46 31 298612
Att: Karl Erik Olofsson